Diccionari de mobilitat sostenible - Presentación
© Author and publisher: TERMCAT, Centre for Terminology, 2020-2022
In collaboration with:
- Government of Catalonia. Ministry of Climate Action, Food and Rural Agenda (General Directorate for Environmental Policy and the Natural Environment, General Directorate for Environmental Quality and Climate Change)
- Government of Catalonia. Ministry of the Vice Presidency and Digital Policies and Territory (General Directorate for Energy, General Directorate for Transport and Mobility)
- Government of Catalonia. Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC)
- Government of Catalonia. Catalan Energy Institut (ICAEN)
- Barcelona City Council. Department of Mobility Services
- Metropolitan Transport Authority
- Associació per a la Promoció del Transport Públic
- Metropolitan Taxi Institute
The Diccionari de mobilitat sostenible (‘Dictionary of Sustainable Mobility’) brings together almost two hundred and eighty terms after the 2022 update with more than a hundred terms, which is expected to increase in subsequent years. The terms added in 2022 complete, on the one hand, existing areas and, on the other hand, add the new areas Railway mode and Cable transport.
Consequently, it is an ongoing work, in which several specialists from various organizations have been called on for the more complex terminological cases. This is shown in the document Concept diagram, which explains the complete plan of the dictionary, and the document Work team, with all the specialists involved.
The terms come from various sources, specially the Vocabulaire panlatin du développement durable, by Realiter, where TERMCAT added Catalan forms. This vocabulary is the original source of a slightly less than a quarter of the terms presented, here completed with definitions, notes and other equivalents.
Each terminological entry contains the preferred denomination in Catalan and the corresponding synonyms, if any; equivalents in Spanish, French, Italian and English; a definition in Catalan and often explanatory notes. It also includes the thematic area or areas each term belongs to.
Clicking on "Consulta de termes" (‘Term search’), terms can be looked up in three ways: using the alphabetical indexes (there is a different index for each language), using the thematic access or making simple or advanced searches in the upper space "Text de la consulta" (‘Text search’) in any of the dictionary languages.
Other documents related to the project:
Infographic: Mobilitat sostenible: Vehicles viaris
Author and publisher:
In collaboration with:
TERMCAT, CENTRE DE TERMINOLOGIA. Diccionari de mobilitat sostenible [en línia]. Barcelona: TERMCAT, Centre de Terminologia, cop. 2020-2022. (Diccionaris en Línia)